Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support the EVP, Global Marketing & Sales of Capitol Music Group, located in Hollywood, CA. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive. Experience supporting more than one senior executive is ideal, but not required. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Primary Responsibilities
- Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
- Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
- Book travel, accommodations, & car services
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phone lines
- Manage the offices
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
- Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Promptly address any IT issues
- Handle administrative duties
- Process travel & entertainment expenses
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
- Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
- Track vacation for salaried employees
- Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
- Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.