We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Administrative Assistant to support the EVP/ Head of Business & Legal Affairs, Business and Digital Development as well as occasional assistance for the department.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the EVP/ Head of Business & Legal Affairs, Business and Digital Development.
- Answer phones, make calls, and direct phone inquiries as appropriate
- Schedule conference calls and meetings
- Word processing, emailing, and other administrative tasks
- Draft and send out correspondence
- File documents and develop file systems
- Review and edit documents for the department
- Communicate with all UMPG departments, UMG, affiliated labels, and third-party partners
- Draft, revise, redline and proofread legal documents
- Perform database inquiries
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint decks and other presentations
- Complete travel and expense reports
- Plan and coordinate department meetings, outings, staff morale activities and conferences
- Maintain contacts and calendar information
- Make travel arrangements and restaurant reservations
- Assist with payment requests
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
The Administrative Assistant must have the following skills/abilities:
- Strong professionalism in the office environment and via phone
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to highly confidential information and materials
- Ability to exercise discretion and ethical judgment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to maintain organized systems and workspace
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who can take initiative to complete tasks before being asked
- Eager to learn and accept challenges
- Must be proactive, solution oriented and able to perform under pressure and in a timely fashion
- 2-3 years of Administrative Assistant experience in legal setting
- Advanced computer experience: Microsoft Word (including tables and redlining), Excel, Internet
- General understanding of music industry and publishing
- College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.