Learning & Development Coordinator
Main purpose of role
The L&D Coordinator supports the L&D team by proactively planning, coordinating and delivering a wide range of learning and development activities across both the UMUK and UMG businesses. Under the guidance of the L&D team, the L&D Coordinator will gain exposure to the business by providing advice and support in addition to administering and reporting on all L&D activities.
- Working accurately, and at pace to deliver a highly effective administration/coordination service.
- Coordinating all delegates for development activities across both the UMUK and UMG businesses: ensuring they have information, advice and support.
- Working effectively with suppliers to manage bookings, expectations, contracts and information.
- Coordination of all logistics: venue/IT/catering/set-up for workshops and sessions.
- Maintaining the learning calendar and all learning histories (individual and group).
- Evaluation: capture, analyse and report learning and development metrics; including producing surveys and L&D reports based on attendance/satisfaction levels. Follow up with participants for their feedback.
Relationship Management & Communication
- Actively engage and build relationships across the organisation.
- Respond to all queries from colleagues and suppliers effectively, with a solution-focused approach.
- Work collaboratively with the wider HR team to ensure that all L&D activities are appropriate for the business area/individual/context.
- Taking responsibility for dealing with general requests and working with the L&D team to provide the appropriate development options and support.
- Liaising and negotiating with internal and external partners/suppliers.
- Taking an active role in team discussions and activities.
Participation in L&D Activities
- Supporting the L&D team to develop, deliver and project-manage development activities across the organisation.
- Assisting the L&D team to facilitate and present specific workshops.
- Working with the L&D team to create bespoke learning and development solutions.
- Provide guidance and advice relating to personal development.
Systems / Finance
- Responsible for the management of all suppliers and invoices through the ‘Uniport’ system.
- Monitor the L&D budget, keep track of spend and communicate about this regularly to the Head of L&D.
- Working with the L&D team to source, design and deliver online learning systems and content.
Planning & organising
- Highly organised with proven administration skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Time and priority management: proven ability to manage a high volume of tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Constantly analyses ways of working and challenges self and others to improve.
- Listens and proposes a variety of ways to respond to the challenge.
- Reviews trends and makes recommendations.
- Establishes clear goals for performance.
Influencing & persuading
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across various levels throughout the organisation.
- Personally credible: considers how to best add value and ensures own expertise is sufficiently developed to do so.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to encourage, adapt to, and support change.
- Proven experience of working under pressure in a calm, efficient and organised manner.
- Ability to communicate strongly at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills: dealing with telephone queries, emails and face-to-face requests politely, efficiently and effectively.
- Uses initiative to make suggestions and recommendations.
- Curious to explore fully around every situation/opportunity.
- Brings external knowledge and ideas in to the organisation.
- Creatively considers ways to improve upon processes, systems and ways of working.
Driven to deliver
- ‘Completer-finisher’ mentality: taking personal accountability for delivery.
- Takes personal ownership of high standards and ways of working.
Technical qualifications and experience
- Demonstrable experience working within a busy coordination role in a commercial organisation.
- Graduate level preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement