Job Title: Postroom operative
Reporting to: Postroom Manager
Department: Facilities Management
Location: Kings Cross
4 Pancras Square, the new home of Universal Music, has a newly branded division: Property Services. The building is occupied primarily by Universal Music Group, Vivendi and Studiocanal and it’s our mission is to deliver a dynamic and innovative service that goes above and beyond to meet their needs. We deliver a 5-star hotel service to staff and visitors alike, thinking in proactive and creative ways to drive value and service within a fun and creative environment.
4 Ps for 4PS
People – Get to know our people. They’re the soul of the business
Professionalism – Know the business, act with integrity and be respectful to everyone
Presentation – Be the face of the business: friendly, helpful and welcoming
Passion – Bring enthusiasm, energy and, most of all, a sense of fun
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, professional and interested in joining a fun and collaborative team. Integrity, service delivery and team work are what drives us. But, we don’t just work hard. Having fun together is also at the heart of what we do. The team has responsibility for UK property services and is working to become a recognized brand that strives to create new standards for the company globally.
- Screen all mail according to training and ensure awareness at all times
- To sort and deliver all incoming mail
- To collect mail from the designated maildrops, process accordingly and send via required supplier
- To collect internal expense items and send to relevant division
- Ensure that staff information and resource points are kept up-to-date
- To use electronic systems in place to look up non-addressed mail
- Plan workload and manage time effectively
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as requested by team leader or manager
- Be proactive when dealing with courier issues
- Inform line manager of any issues relating to mail items that are undelivered or damaged,
- Ensure accurate metrics are compiled and recorded
- Ensure all outbound courier requests are handled as per business requirements
- Ensure all inbound items are tracked and recorded
- Inform line manager if and when help or assistance is required during busy periods
- Escalate all supplier or building issues as required
- Ensure help is provided for excessive manual handling tasks
- Support Property Services with staff moves when required.
- Provide porterage services where required.
- Support Property Services in the setup and moving around of furniture for events, meetings or showcases.
- Provide support and help with reprographic requests that come through to Post Room.
- Must have a full/clean drivers license
- Good verbal and written skills
- IT Proficient
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.