We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
The Logistics Manager will be an essential part of our supply chain network, supporting the flow of goods from our domestic and international vendors to our customers. In this role you will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Oversee shipping and logistics from vendors and fulfillment centers for peak performance, cost reduction and accurate billing
- Manage and assess carrier base by evaluating shipping performance and negotiating rates
- Manage and enforce Logistics and Shipping processes in accordance with Company Routing Guide
- Reports on and tracks all vendor service issues, partnering with the logistics team on Vendor Compliance
- Establish and Implement logistics goals and strategy throughout global supply chain
- Work with warehouse and vendors to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Enforce vendor routing compliance and non-compliance chargebacks
- Partners with Operations, Production and Sales on high priority freight and special high priority shipments
- Maintain shipment schedules by communicating with respective departments on expected timelines
- Manage routing instructions from customers and vendors to ensure successful transmission of deliveries
- Sources freight to carriers providing cost effective mode and reduced transit times
- Processes loss and damaged freight claims
- Processes customs paperwork and data for International shipments
- Develop business by gaining new alliances, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Audit, Track and process freight invoices and confirm services that are paid for are accurate and completed efficiently
- Present freight spend analysis reports and freight P&L monthly
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend financial reports, legal forms, government regulations and other business documents
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment; product moves quickly through our supply chain network, it is important to react quickly to incoming requests.
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
- Strong long term strategic planning capability
- 3-5 years of shipping experience, with increasing responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.