Label Marketing Rep
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional marketing representative who will be responsible for promoting UMG artists through creating and driving innovative marketing strategies within their assigned regions. The LMR is well-versed in ongoing activities in their territory, accountable for developing artists in multiple cities while seeking out opportunities in various local scenes. This is the point person to represent UMG Commercial Partnerships/Label Relations to artists, managers, record label staff independent retailers, tastemakers, lifestyle accounts, brand partners, and industry events. Activities not only include physical outlets (lifestyle, retail and non-trad) but also include online (social media, websites). LMR acts as the front line person and is our eyes and ears to the world that pertains to music, entertainment, marketing.
- Strategize, create and execute marketing and advertising planners and promotions, online and physical locales, for developing and established artists
- Generate and increase consumer/retail awareness for priority releases
Regional Lifestyle Opportunities
- Seek, create and manage opportunities that bridge various lifestyles and retail outlets
- Develop and maintain relationships and conduct meetings for cross-promotion marketing initiatives for maximum exposure with:
- outside companies/brands
- tastemakers and key personnel at all outlets (online, retail, lifestyle accounts)
- Independently represent UMG to artists in town (appearances, shows, etc.), acting as UMG hand holder for artist and managers during special appearances
- Effectively recap and communicate sales and marketing efforts for UMG and labels, with evaluation/interpretation of success or areas of improvement
- Provide new and critical marketing information to Universal and label staff on local feedback and activities
- Provide all UMG departments and tastemakers, websites, retail and lifestyle communities with critical artist information (release schedule, tours, sales and radio stats, press, social networking buzz, artist ticket availability, etc.)
- Act as a tastemaker by developing social media presence and following
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient in MS office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of people (written, verbal, presentation)
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong in developing new and maintaining existing relationships
- Self starter, able to work independently in the field day to day with little direct supervision
- Creative thinker
- Strong experience and education in social media marketing
- Strong in event planning
- Advanced product knowledge
- Able to work late hours and travel independently
- Minimum 3 years experience in related field (music, entertainment, marketing)
- Proven knowledge and experience in working with mobile, digital and app technology
- Proven knowledge and experience in working with online social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
- Proven knowledge and experience with music websites and blogs
- Minimum 4 years of college with a completed degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.