Job title: Content Creator
Responsible to: Content Commissioner, Island Records
Department: Island Records
Location of work: Kensington High Street
Island Records was founded by Chris Blackwell in Jamaica in 1959. In the early days, the label was built upon pressing and importing the best Ska records to the UK with Chris personally delivering sounds in his blue and white Mini Cooper. Over time, we have nurtured and represented some of the world’s most respected and best loved artists including: Bob Marley, Amy Winehouse, U2, PJ Harvey, Mumford & Sons, Disclosure, Sigrid, Drake and Giggs. We have always been the curators of authenticity, providing music and in the process defining culture.
The Content Creator is a vital member of the Island Records creative division, Studio Island. Working alongside the Content Manager, your role will be to visualise and create eye-catching content, including and not limited to: short-form clips for social media, designing and animating artwork, photographing and filming artists behind the scenes and on tour, filming and editing live sessions, and developing artist specific format ideas. The role is expansive and the ideal candidate will be excited by finding innovative ways to champion artists, campaigns and colleagues.
- Passionate about telling stories through visual content
- A connector – your network is diverse and filled with creative talent
- A multi-disciplined content creator who can conceptualise, shoot and edit short and long-form content
- Design, edit and animate impactful short-form content for social media
- Versatile style and ability to work on a broad range of projects
- Highly creative and visual thinker who’s unafraid to try new things
- Comfortable working under pressure and on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must be proficient with FCPX, After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar programmes
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.