Finance & Operations Director
You are a finance professional with a commercial mindset, looking for a platform to add value across functions and geographies. You’re a talented leader who can optimize finance operating models and develop high performing teams. And you are someone who wants the challenge of working in a continually transforming environment.
Who we are:
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organization, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
As digital technology transforms the world, our unmatched commitment to lead in developing new services, platforms and business models for the delivery of music and related content empowers innovators and allows new commercial and artistic opportunities to flourish.
The Finance & Operations Director:
This key position reports directly to the Managing Director – Malaysia & Singapore, to lead the Finance function and support management with financial reporting, business forecasts, and commercial analysis.
Key responsibilities include -
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial results, assets & liabilities. You will also manage the company’s royalty obligations.
- Lead budgeting and forecasting across P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. Develop dashboards, KPIs and monitor business progress across all targets.
- Drive the company’s digital strategic direction in collaboration with MD and regional Insights team.
- Build commercial analysis capabilities to enable better decision making, identification of revenue opportunities, and drive growth in profitability.
- Advisory to MD and Management on key commercial deals, from artist signings, to digital and retail partnerships, to licensing and joint ventures.
- Manage local physical and digital supply chain, review and optimize current systems and processes.
- Lead, mentor and develop teams to maximize performance and achieve business outcomes.
What we are looking for:
- Qualifications and 10+ years of experience. Top tier Chartered Accounting firm background alongside commercial experience in Telco, Digital or Media environment highly valued.
- A highly motivated, self-driven individual, with the confidence to influence senior management. Excellent interpersonal skills and business partnering.
- Ability to interpret commercial contracts. Past experience in advising / supporting commercial deals highly valued.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Proven experience in financial management and statutory reporting.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Malaysia and Singapore taxation laws including GST, SST and VAT.
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.