Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Job Title: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Location(s): Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: CFO of UNIQLO Canada
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
As part of the Corporate Planning department, the FP&A Manager will report directly to the CFO and CEO of UNIQLO Canada and CEO of Fast Retailing Group regarding business results. The FP&A Manager is responsible for supporting all parts of budgeting, financial and management reporting, as well as business planning.
- Prepare the business plan for mid-year and annual planning on the basis of Fast Retailing Group management policy (Profit & Loss, balance sheet, etc.)
- Prepare sales and gross profit, inventory simulation, and P&L forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis to help improve sales and expense management
- Negotiate on cost control and cost reduction with third party vendors
- Prepare the budget for Merchandise Planning team on a monthly basis for weekly discounts, seasonal sales, and other store initiatives
- Prepare cash flow planning and forecasting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis for each store location
- Prepare and communicate analyses, presentations, and business reports to CEO and all department business leaders, analyze monthly financial results to explain variations from budget/forecast
- Prepare and generate any reporting for specific management requests
- Identifying any corporate or business issues and working with management team to develop a solution
- Working closely with all departments on a weekly basis to manage all levels of operation and cost control purposes
- Assist in educating department leaders and staff on financial processes, procedures and deliverables
- Assist in the tracking and administration of financial and resource performance as it relates to meeting department goals and objectives
- Assist in any special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, financial accounting, and corporate finance or in a similar role is required
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and constantly changing business environment
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Advanced MS Excel skills is required (complex formulas, advanced functions, tables/pivot tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Experience working with Financial ERP reporting systems such as Oracle Hyperion / SAP is an asset
- Knowledge/familiarity of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
- Previous working experience in Retail industry is a plus
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.