Loss Prevention Manager - Metropolis at Metrotown
Job Title: Loss Prevention Manager
Location: UNIQLO Metropolis @ Metrotown
Reporting to: Director of Store Operations
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
As UNIQLOs Loss Prevention Manager, you will be tasked with the creation and implementation of programs, policies and procedures for minimizing the loss of merchandise, money, or company assets at our flagship location. Once a model store has been created at our flagship store, the Loss Prevention Manager will evolve into a National role, providing oversight and training to all employees while strategizing with the Leadership Team.
- Investigate, log and resolve alleged and actual theft, violations of policy and compliance concerns
- Internal theft and policy dishonesty
- Matters relating to retail crime (public/internal)
- External organized retail crime trends and analysis
- Cash handling theft
- Inventory control
- Facilities and equipment damage
- Security access violations
- Health & Safety incidents
- Train store staff and management in loss prevention, reducing shrinkage, inventory control and cashing handling to the UNIQLO standard
- Create daily protocols for store and audit compliance on a monthly basis
- Assist store in conducting accident/incident investigation for employees and customers
- Act as a deterrent towards shoplifters using CCTV surveillance and performing regular store walks
- Represent UNIQLO when dealing with police and during any related legal proceedings
- Build a strong relationship with our stores by responding to calls, regular store visits, and attend LP related meetings
- Train security staff on company standards and hold them accountable for performance
- Coordinate LP initiatives in a timely manner
- Manage supplier relationships for all aspects of LP program
- Audit stores to ensure inventory is processed, handled and monitored appropriately
- Document errors and failure in policies and procedures
- Engaging all associates, contractors, and suppliers and continuing to grow and foster the UNIQLO loss prevention culture
- Develop audits to detect safety issues and violations and to put programs in place to prevent repeat occurrences
- Coordinate and communicate with management
- Others duties as required
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years of retail loss prevention experience required
- University or College degree/diploma preferred
- Provincial security license as required by law.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Flexible schedule required, including evenings and weekends as per business needs
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting and other activities necessary to perform job duties
- National certified training program (Wicklander-Zuwalski or similar).
- Professional accreditation or equivalent experience.
- Valid 1st Aid/CPR
- Experience conducting retail investigations.
- Experience in using physical security systems (CCTV, EAS, etc.)
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.