Visual Merchandising Coordinator - Montreal Stores
Job Title: Visual Merchandising Coordinator – Montreal
Location: UNIQLO Montreal Eaton Center
Reporting to: Visual Merchandising Manager
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
The visual merchandising coordinator will assist the In-store merchandising team in the creation of a sales floor that promotes sales while implementing the UNIQLO “help yourself method” for our customers.
- Provide visual merchandising training to stores based on company directives and guidelines, and supporting the sales floor (including new store openings)
- Understand and implement all company plans, global directives and review reach week to check whether the actions taken from the previous week have made a significant contribution to sales
- Create company directive facing plans for each store, based on demographics and customer trends
- Define, design, and implement create visual merchandising strategies
- Create appealing and eye catching visual displays that lead customers through UNIQLO’s sales floor
- Produce window displays, signs, and interior displays, floor plans and special promotion displays
- Identify key messages and set a clear image of the end result
- Work collaboratively with visual store manager and other visual merchandisers to present new and creative visual concepts and ideas
- Act in accordance with the organizations culture, product, image, and target market
- Change displays to promote new product launches and reflect seasonal themes
- Research lifestyle, demographics and design trends
- Perform other store related functions such as cash wrap support, fitting room support, replenishment and restocking support, and customer service support
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 2-3 years of visual merchandising or merchandising experience, fashion retailing considered an asset
- Strong passion and interest in visual merchandising
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite products
- Interested in fashion and able to think from the “customers point of view”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to lead and train a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Required travel to various stores in the greater Montreal area.
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.