Logistics Sales Consultant
Unishippers is hiring Inside Shipping Consultants to work in our New Orleans sales office.
We are focused on growth, so we are looking for people who are driven, competitive and hard-working, and who have a desire to win! You will have the opportunity to build a book of business by contacting and developing sales leads and closing sales all over the United States from not only your prospecting activities, but from qualified leads. You will also give ongoing service to existing and new clients. You will be the one who generates revenue. Additionally, you will receive ongoing training and sales support from an experienced Sales Manager. You will gain knowledge of the industry, products, services, procedures and the process that will move your career in a positive and proactive direction for success. This is a fast-paced, high-speed, exciting career opportunity with an earning potential that is uncapped. Again, we are focused on growth, so we are looking for people who are driven, competitive and hard-working, and who have a desire to win!
- Use a robust and engaging call prospecting process to determine target customers based on key performance metrics.
- Follow up on qualified leads provided by a prospecting team and close sales.
- Determine additional opportunities to cross-sell, up sell, and identify multi-branch prospects.
- Use creative problem solving skills to meet customers’ needs.
- Incorporate the tools and techniques within The Unishippers Way to develop and nurture long-term customer relationships.
- Assess and promote growth within current customer base while maintaining current customers.
- Provide reports and updates on performance progress and customer growth.
- Build relationships with the economic decision makers within customer accounts.
- Develop targeted introductions from target customers.
- Implement pricing and service options to meet customers shipping needs.
- Model the skills and behaviors that are required for superior customer account management.
- Meet customer call responsibilities (75+ phone calls per day).
- Engage annual pricing adjustments.
- Excel at building relationships by phone and email.
- Close leads from web and data mining activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in leadership, achievement and competitive environments.
- Experience with prospecting over the phone preferred.
- Professionalism, motivation, enthusiasm and integrity.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office to include: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles and achieves goals.
- Experience with addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy, and consistently moving the customer towards commitment.
- Articulates ideas clearly and concisely, adjusting the message to match the audience. (4k7A8Q)
- Salary range is $35,000-$45,000 per year based on experience
- Monthly and quarterly bonus payouts for goal attainment
- 1st year earning potential is $62,000-$65,000 at plan
- 2nd year earning potential is $75,000-$80,000 at plan
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401k and PTO time
Who Are We?
For over 30 years, Unishippers has been the trusted advisor for over 50,000 small business shipping customers, saving them money, time and hassle on all their shipping needs. We partner with carriers that include UPS®, Estes®, YRC Freight™ and Saia® and many more to handle our customers’ small package and freight shipments. Last year Unishippers provided customers significant savings on more than 7.3 million shipments.
Unishippers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to make employment decisions on the basis of merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons.
During the recruiting and hiring processes, Unishippers offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability. If you want to request such an accommodation, contact the company Human Resources Department