PULMONARY/CRITICAL CARE/INTERVENTIONAL EMPHASIS - UMASS MEMORIAL HEALTH
UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts, the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts, and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our system also includes home health and hospice partners, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices.
The Division of Pulmonary/Critical Care/Allergy Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center and the UMass Chan Medical School seeks BE/BC Pulmonary/Critical Care physician to join its growing Division. Advanced procedural opportunities are available for the ideal candidate with additional board certification/eligibility in Interventional Pulmonology.
- The Division is comprised of over twenty collegial faculty members working in inpatient and outpatient Pulmonary Medicine, Interventional Pulmonology, bedside Critical Care Medicine, and telemedicine for our intensive care units.
- Our outpatient practice is supported by a pulmonary function laboratory and an advanced procedure suite.
- Our critical care practice is located in three medical intensive care units over two campuses and in our telemedicine support center. All adult medical and surgical ICUs in our Medical Center are monitored via telemedicine.
- Critical care is practiced in a collaborative manner and interprofessional rounds are held in each unit on a daily basis.
- Teaching opportunities are integrated into our practice at all sites through the partnership between UMass Memorial Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Competitive compensation with an extensive benefits package.
Worcester is New England’s second largest city, and the greater Worcester area is an active, vibrant and energetic community. Enjoy an array of recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing and snowboarding or take an easy day trip to the mountains and pristine lakes of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. We have an outstanding arts and culture scene, an exciting food district and are less than an hour to Boston and Cape Cod.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and one-page Diversity Statement addressed to the contact below. Diversity Statement should describe how your background and/or experience demonstrate your commitment and ability to engage with issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as plans for future contributions to DEI in the areas of research, teaching and/or outreach.
Nicholas Smyrnios, MD
Associate Chief, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine
UMass Memorial Medical Center
c/o Selena Dickherber
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMMG recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.