DIRECTOR, MICROBIOLOGY LAB
Clinical Pathology Laboratories
Director of Clinical Microbiology Services
The Department of Pathology at UMass Memorial Medical Center and UMass Chan Medical School seeks a faculty member and a Director of Clinical Microbiology Services in Worcester, MA. UMass Medical Center also has a Joint Venture relationship with Quest Diagnostics, Marlborough, MA. This positive will oversee the needs of both sites.
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the premier health care provider in Central Massachusetts and is the teaching hospital of the UMass Chan Medical School. The Department of Pathology has over fifty faculty members and a highly regarded AP/CP residency program with sixteen residents. The state-of-the-art Microbiology Laboratory at Quest provides comprehensive services to major medical centers, affiliated hospitals, and outpatient facilities in Northeast US. The services include Aerobic, Anaerobic Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Virology, and Parasitology.
- Oversees the scientific and technical direction of the Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, including CLIA responsibility for rapid response labs as needed.
- Serves as the primary laboratory liaison to clinical care providers and the National Quest Diagnostics laboratories. Maintains critical client relationships.
- Provide teaching and post-graduate training to medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Provide regulatory and quality oversight and maintains own licensure, certifications, privileges, and professional standing.
- Qualify for an academic appointment at UMass Chan Medical School at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
- Embody and exemplify the UMass Memorial Health Six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind.
Education and Qualifications:
- MD/DO degree or equivalent from an accredited medical school or Ph.D. from an accredited Graduate Program.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Pathology with a subspecialty in Medical Microbiology (ABP) or by the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in clinical microbiology, including effective collaboration with Clinical and Administrative Staff in a major medical center
- Significant fellowship and/or clinical experience in microbiology
- 2-3 years of experience serving as a director of a Clinical Microbiology Laboratory is preferred.
- Experience with analytic data software and Pathology Informatics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact professionally and effectively with physicians, hospital personnel, employees, and external customers.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Joint commissions, CAP, and other regulatory regulations.
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references to:
Neng Yu, MD
Associate Professor of Pathology, Director of Clinical Pathology
365 Plantation Street Biotech One Worcester, MA 01605 [email protected]
c/o Faculty Recruiter, Selena Dickherber, [email protected]
UMass is is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.