ACADEMIC GENERAL ANESTHESIOLOGIST - WORCESTER
The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at UMass Memorial Health is seeking an Academic General Anesthesiologist to join our collegial division. UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts, the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. UMass Memorial Health is the regions’ tertiary care and level 1 Trauma Center.
Excellent patient care is the common goal that anchors our mission. The Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine at UMass Chan Medical School and UMass Memorial Health is one of the largest clinical departments in the health care system with more than 160 clinical providers. Our team serves a diverse patient population across seven distinct areas of care, including three hospitals, two ambulatory surgery centers and two freestanding endoscopy centers. The Department provides patient care with our anesthesia care team model serving more than 60 anesthetizing locations performing more than 60,000 anesthetics annually. Our clinical work spans the full spectrum from high complexity tertiary and quaternary care services to community and ambulatory anesthesia care.
- The ideal candidate would have an interest in academic medicine, education, and a clinical skill set that is translatable across a broad clinical platform. Interest in participating in trauma or obstetrics call is attractive.
- We deliver a full range of clinical services at our University Campus including General Surgery, Trauma, Transplant, Heart- and Vascular Surgery as well as Non-OR Anesthesia, in addition to the full range of critical care services.
- Our Team is staffing up to 25 anesthetizing locations every day at this campus and a total of 70 sites across the Health Care System.
- Teaching is integrated into our practice and an academic appointment is available commensurate with experience. Our clinical platform is the basis for a fully integrated Residency program with 8 Residents per class and two GME approved Critical Care Fellowship positions.
- Experienced candidates and new graduates will be considered. Mentorship is available to new graduates. The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine strives to provide professional mentorship and personal support.
- UMass Memorial Health is a not for profit organization. This position may support if applicable both a J1 visa waiver and H1-B visa.
Worcester is New England’s second largest city and the greater Worcester area is an active, vibrant and energetic community. Enjoy an array of recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing and snowboarding or take an easy day trip to the mountains and pristine lakes of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. We have an outstanding arts and culture scene, an exciting food district and are less than an hour to Boston and Cape Cod.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMass Chan and UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Interested candidates, please contact:
Please reference position ID 167767 when responding.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.