ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON, HIP AND KNEE RECONSTRUCTION - UMASS MEMORIAL HEALTH
Academic Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee Surgeon
UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts, the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts, and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. The Department of Orthopedics and Physical Rehabilitation has a long-standing history of excellence in clinical care and in orthopedic training for residents, fellows, and medical students. Along with the Division of Rheumatology, we form the renowned UMMS/UMMHC Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence. You will not find a larger, more comprehensive group of orthopedic subspecialists in Central New England.
We seek an Orthopedic Surgeon with fellowship training in Adult Reconstructive Hip and Knee to join our locally and nationally recognized total joint replacement program.
- Facilities include our dedicated Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center located on our Memorial Campus, a national leader in the treatment of arthritis and joint pain.
- UMass Memorial Medical Center is the first hospital in Central Massachusetts to perform total knee replacement utilizing ROSA® Knee robotic technology and computer navigation.
- Orthopedic Surgery residents are an integral part of the UMass Memorial total joint replacement program, and Clinical and Basic Research opportunities are extensive in this stimulating and collegial academic environment.
- Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts. Overall, the applicant will be expected to be a team player committed to helping develop the service in the longer term.
- Competitive compensation package with an extensive benefits package with compensation incentivized to benefit productive clinicians.
Worcester is New England’s second largest city, and the greater Worcester area is an active, vibrant and energetic community. Enjoy an array of recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing and snowboarding or take an easy day trip to the mountains and pristine lakes of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. We have an outstanding arts and culture scene, an exciting food district and are less than an hour to Boston and Cape Cod.
For consideration and/or additional details, please submit your CV and Letter of Introduction to:
Michael P. Stauff, MD
Interim Chair, Department of Orthopedics and Physical Rehabilitation
Donna M. and Robert J. Manning Endowed Chair in Orthopedics
Associate Professor of Orthopedics
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
c/o Selena Dickherber
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMMG recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.