MEDICAL DIRECTOR - GENERAL MEDICAL ONCOLOGY - SIMONS SINON REGIONAL CANCER CENTER AT HEALTH ALLIANCE
UMass Memorial Health is the health and wellness partner of the people of Central Massachusetts, the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts, and the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School. The Hematology/Oncology Division is part of a growing Cancer Center of Excellence, integrating clinical care and clinical investigation in state-of-the-art facilities.
The Division of Hematology/Oncology seeks adult General Medical Oncologist to join our growing Division of 23 board certified physicians as Medical Director at The Simonds-Sinon Regional Cancer Center at HealthAlliance Hospital, our beautiful satellite campus.
- The Simonds Sinon Regional Cancer Center, located just north of Worcester, is a CoC recognized CHCC program serving the communities of Fitchburg, Clinton and Leominster.
- The Center provides over 11,000 medical oncology and 10,000 radiation therapy treatments each year and is supported by UMass subspecialty faculty, oncology NPs and UMass Hematology/Oncology fellows.
- The Medical Director will see a variety of diseases and will have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials.
- In addition, the Medical Director will participate in educational conferences, our Hematology/Oncology Fellowship curriculum, and student/resident teaching.
- Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Oncology and licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts. Prior leadership experience is preferred.
- Competitive compensation package with an extensive benefits package.
Worcester is New England’s second largest city, and the greater Worcester area is an active, vibrant and energetic community. Enjoy an array of recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing and snowboarding or take an easy day trip to the mountains and pristine lakes of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont. We have an outstanding arts and culture scene, an exciting food district and are less than an hour to Boston and Cape Cod.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae addressed to:
Jonathan M. Gerber, MD
Chief, Division of Hematology/Oncology
Medical Director, UMass Cancer Center
Eleanor Eustis Farrington Chair in Cancer Research
UMass Chan Medical School & UMass Memorial Health
c/o Selena Dickherber
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMMG recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.