Fiber engineering Specialist - Remote
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
• Contributing to the design of our outside plant fiber optic networks in various regions, geographies and building types.
• Maintaining our various fiber plants in our GIS-based fiber maintenance system.
• Using engineering techniques and specifications, helps to create, maintain, or improve final production-ready construction design for both internal and external use.
• Preparing drawings, sketches and other graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
• Developing and defining optimal routes using various types of construction. (i.e. aerial, trenching, boring, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience with AutoCAD is required.
• Experience with ESRI/GIS software is a plus.
• General knowledge of fiber networks is a plus.
• Ability to keep up with the latest developments and recommend the technology in the planning and design.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work hard in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to occasionally travel to the U.S. will be required.
• Bachelor of Engineering or related field is required.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.