Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
Where you fit in
As a Product Designer on Ting you'll join a hardworking and passionate design team. We believe that we > me and deeply care for the people we design for and work with. You'll help us build the future of our brands, mobile apps, dashboards and flows and empower our customers with the best mobile and Internet services they've ever experienced.
- Understand business requirements and user needs and collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and Data to build thoughtful and informed products that people love.
- Design high-quality, modern and inclusive interfaces, user experiences and products.
- Partner with User Research (and do some of it yourself) to empathize with our customers and understand where we can improve their experience.
- Work with design systems to ensure consistency and also know when to break and expand them to unlock creativity and innovation.
- Build prototypes to test with users and share them to reach alignment across the team and company.
- You'll work on the entire design process from defining the problem to crafting the solution.
- Facilitate design sprints, brainstorming, white-boarding etc.
- Bring your passion for user centered design and help us ship products and services that put our customers first.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in digital product design.
- A phenomenal teammate experienced collaborating with product managers, engineers, data, content and other designers in an agile environment.
- You bring a user-centered approach along with superb visual design skills.
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch etc. (We use Figma).
- A proven track record of designing and shipping successful products for mobile native and web.
- An advocate for accessibility, diversity and inclusive design.
- An open mind with a learning mentality and a sense of curiosity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A portfolio that showcases your work and process.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.