Ting is a division of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX), a quiet, but very successful, twenty-year-old global Internet services company. From its humble beginnings as a software sharing platform, Tucows is now the world’s second largest domain registrar and provider of wholesale Internet services, and through its brand, Ting, is revolutionizing mobile and Internet access in the U.S.
We are investing millions in building and operating Fibre networks and partnering with progressive towns across the US to change what people expect from their Internet service and their Internet service provider. We’re expanding rapidly, customers are loving the speed, fast symmetrical Gigabit fibre internet, and the customer support we offer. Our success is built on a solid technical foundation. That’s where you come in.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a growing development team. The team is responsible for a platform that offers a simple API for provisioning and managing hardware and services on our fibre network. These capabilities allow us to differentiate and scale our Ting business.
Here’s what you can expect your work experience to look like:
In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our platform
- Implement small stories and fix bugs
- Ensure quality through writing automated tests
In the first 3 months:
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Coach and help develop team members
- Ensure that development standards and processes are adhered to
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholder to drive projects forward
In the first year:
- Set long term goals and drive the team towards achieving those goals
- Own projects from conception to release
- Work with product owners to balance roadmap with engineering priorities
- Collaborate with other team leads to translate overarching business strategy and platform design into engineering tasks
Key skills and experience:
- 7+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading a team in an agile environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience with Python
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems
- Knowledge of fibre networks a plus
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.