Junior Digital Media Producer
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
This role is part of the content and community field within Tucows. Under the mentorship of the Senior Digital Media Producer, reporting to the Head of Content and Brand, you may find yourself animating a how-to video one week and filming out of a hot-air balloon the next. The majority of your time will be spent on producing explainers, customer testimonials and other marketing materials and social media collateral. The remaining time will be spent on the other Tucows brands and projects like internal documentaries and live-streams.
- Build video and digital pieces primarily for Ting Mobile and Internet brands - including internal and external marketing material and eLearning videos - with the opportunity to expand to additional brands down the line
- Assist Senior Producer on larger scale projects such as nation-wide marketing campaigns, commercials and internal documentaries
- Learn from previous campaigns/projects and content to adapt to and address customer needs
- Produce material from beginning to end and work with vendors to create the final product
- Provide the marketing team with video/images for campaigns
A bit about you:
You’re a self starter who knows how to tell a good story. You’ve worked with a variety of partners and creative minds, so you know how to manage creative relationships and work collaboratively with all sorts of people. You’re confident working on your own and know how to focus and manage your time.
- Diploma in Videography, Editing or similar
- 3+years confirmed experience in crafting video for marketing and/or social
- Demonstrated technical experience using video and photo creation/editing software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop)
- Confidence in leading projects independently or working across teams
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- A lust for life
If you have experience as a director - all the better. We can definitely see you using some of that.
Please provide a reel (editing, production, or directing if applicable) or other examples of your work.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.