Veterinary Sales Associate - Palm Springs, CA
Veterinary Sales Associate – Palm Springs
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Palm Springs area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a part-time, 1 day per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an hourly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Veterinary Industry or Sales experience is preferred, management experience is a plus
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must live in the Palm Springs area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 4 days/month in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Training in Seattle - all expenses paid
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about