Territory Sales Associate - Orlando
TRUPANION SALES ASSOCIATE
As a Trupanion Associate, your effort will help protect the bond between people and their pets, and help secure the brightest possible future for the field of veterinary medicine. Trupanion’s superior Medical Insurance for Dogs and Cats can ensure that pets get the best possible care when sick or injured, and help eliminate economic euthanasia.
We are looking for someone special to assist in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary practices in the Orlando area. A big part of what we do is educating veterinary staff about medical insurance for pets and how promoting pet health insurance benefits pets, pet owners and the hospitals they visit. Do you want a flexible schedule? Are you a go-getter with a positive attitude? Do you have reliable transportation?
This outside field position requires visiting veterinary hospitals, helping build relationships and educating veterinary staff. We provide training and support to ensure our shared success.
This is a salaried position with a bonus structure.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Visiting all clinics in the area on a 6-8 week call cycle to ensure they are fully stocked with material.
- Set up meetings for in depth discussions and training opportunity.
- Providing education to veterinary clinics and hospitals about the critical importance of medical insurance for pets and about Trupanion’s superior value proposition
- Building on and maintaining good relations with practices by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Assisting and guiding veterinary practices in their effort to leverage the Trupanion product for the maximum benefit of their practice, patients and clients
- Utilizing the vast array of tools to engage hospitals to partner with Trupanion
- Become knowledgeable about daily operations and best practices at veterinary clinics and hospitals
- Understand the Veterinary Industry, especially within veterinary hospitals
(Veterinary experience PREFERRED - Tech, Receptionist, MGR)
- Be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Possess strong entrepreneurial drive, including an attitude of persistence and patience
- Be comfortable with four to five days/week commitment and high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success
- Possess the ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Willing to be on the road visiting practices 4-5 days per week
- Be a TEAM player but also work independently
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Be open to training one-on-one or in group setting, not afraid to ask questions, and learn things quickly
- Have good organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Possess a good driving record and reliable transportation with evidence of insurance required
- Sales and marketing experience a plus