Appeals Specialist - Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Needed!
Vet Resolution Specialist Position Summary:
Are you a detailed-oriented veterinary technician or assistant looking for a new challenge that has fantastic potential for growth? Do you love diving into complex medical cases? Are you self-motivated, confident, and passionate about helping pets? Do you want a career where you can use AND expand your existing medical knowledge? If you answered YES to these questions, then Trupanion has an exciting full-time opportunity as a Vet Resolution Specialist in our dynamic claims department.
Vet Resolution Specialists use their extensive medical knowledge and the Trupanion policy to review medical records, specialist reports, lab results, and invoices to complete an accurate secondary review of claims as part of our appeal process. They communicate closely with treating veterinarians, hospital staff, outside specialists, and pet owners throughout the secondary review process, answering calls from hospitals to initiate the appeals process and communicating the outcome to pet owners and veterinarians via phone and email. In addition to assessing appealed claims, Vet Resolution Specialists provide outstanding customer service to existing pet owners and veterinary hospitals regarding current, future, or past claims.
- Advanced knowledge of veterinary medical conditions and medical terminology.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of veterinary technician or assisting experience in a clinic/hospital environment. Preference given to candidates with licensed technician credentials.
- Certification as a veterinary technician specialist highly desirable
- Experience providing excellent customer service over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Inquisitive, independent, and self-motivated.
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills.
- Effective communicator
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys a challenge
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French highly desirable ($1 add’l/hour)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site parking at our headquarters in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Passion: In addition to the overall success of Trupanion and our mission, we care intensely about the well-being of cats and dogs.
- Trustworthiness: We are honest, reliable and authentic.
- Candor: We communicate what the little voice inside our head is saying, in a sincere and helpful way.
- Empathy: We create positive outcomes by putting ourselves in others’ shoes and by gaining an understanding of their values, goals and desires.
- Communication: We share our information in a way that is easy to understand and retainable.
- Cooperation: We know how to balance the need for quality with the need for speed and calculated risk-taking. We are committed to being ego-less, and to working as a team to ensure we are consistently make good decisions.
- Judgement: We are not afraid to try new things. Guided by Trupanion’s mission and values, we have the confidence to trust our intuition and do the right thing at all times.
- Impact: We deliver outstanding results with resourcefulness, innovation and tenacity.
- Curiosity: We actively seek knowledge to improve.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about