Regional Director (Northwest U.S.)
Title: Regional Director (Northwest U.S.)
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Our Regional Directors (RDs) are responsible for the development and growth of Trupanion’s field sales organization within their region and are passionate about providing consultative support and service to Territory Partners and Territory Partner Associates.
The position of Regional Director requires approximately 80% travel throughout WA, OR, ID, UT, British Columbia and Alberta. An ideal candidate should reside in the Northwest U.S. near a major airport hub.
This role will report to the VP of Western Market.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coach, develop and support a team of 9-13 Territory Partners tasked with building and maintaining relationships with veterinary practices.
- Increase capability of selling skills, presentation skills, and territory management.
- Travel and conduct weekly field rides with team members in the areas mentioned above.
- Assist in development of key partnerships and accounts
- Grow regional portion of veterinary referred business
- Manage regional expense budgets
- Learn and adapt to new systems quickly and be able to teach others
- Serve as a resource; provide expertise on key policy questions, growing hospital relationships, team recruiting and management, and business operations.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- 8+ years of pet industry
- 2+ years in pet industry people management
- Experience with regular travel and remote coaching
- Experience in performance coaching that led to results
- Experience in business planning
- Relationship management
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Our Regional Directors are pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured.
- Strengths should include team-building, coaching skills, communication, and customer development.
- Regional Directors know how to drive results through influence without authority.
- Adept in computer skills and able to quickly learn and teach new systems
- Ability and willingness to travel 4 out of 5 days a week
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about