Veterinary Sales Associate - Central Valley, CA
Veterinary Sales Associate – Fresno & Modesto, CA
Are you passionate about pets and prefer to work outside a traditional office setting? Are you interested in working on a team with other pet passionate people to help engage with veterinary hospital teams to create more positive outcomes for pets in their hospitals by educating pet owners about the value of medical insurance for pets? We're independent contractors who represent Trupanion, the fastest growing medical insurance for pets provider, and we're looking for someone like you to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to make a difference and a positive contribution to canine and feline health and well-being. This is a flexible schedule opportunity so self-motivation is key.
We're looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized pet passionate individual with a minimum of 3 to 5 years in the Veterinary profession to assist us in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary hospital teams in the Central Valley area—Fresno to Modesto. A big part of what we do is speak with veterinary teams about the value of medical insurance for pets — promoting how medical insurance for pets benefits pets, pet owners and hospital teams.
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, establish links and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a ground breaking opportunity within our industry. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a PT commitment (Not to exceed 20 hour week) to start. Job requires a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you’ll earn an hourly salary commensurate with experience and have the opportunity to earn a commission based bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year. Training is ongoing and includes attending a one week training at Trupanion Headquarters in Seattle as well as regular in the field training with our team. 24/7 phone support is also available to help you be successful in this role!
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Profession (minimum of 3 to 5 years of veterinary hospital experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia for dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinary practices throughout the territory
- Ability to present Trupanion mission and solutions to hospital owners and staff in small or larger hospital team meetings with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with hospital teams by providing courteous, efficient and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and grit
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written and listening) and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Record visit/conversations info into CRM and complete brief weekly/monthly reports of activity.
- Must live in the territory (between Tracy and Fresno) and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals primarily in addition to some administrative work from home
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record, auto insurance and reliable car
- Bilingual-Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Complete insurance licensing requirements if you don’t already have a current CA Property and Casualty Broker Insurance License. Test costs reimbursed.
- Participate in occasional Veterinary Conferences or area pet events.
- Attend 1 week training in Seattle at Trupanion Headquarters – all expenses paid - after you earn your CA insurance license.
Hourly wage commensurate w/ experience. Part-time and will not exceed 20 hours/week.
Mileage reimbursement provided. No medical, dental, other benefits.
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about