Veterinary Sales Associate
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE – Waco, TX
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual who excels in building relationships! Experience in a veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Waco area is a huge plus!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an individual in sales or an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for an opportunity within our industry.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a Part Time commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to bonus and earning potential goes up year over year.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (veterinary clinic experience a huge plus!)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication, listening skills, and a professional appearance
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live within the Waco or Temple area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 12 hours a week in addition to some administrative work from a home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License
- This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about