Pricing & Reporting Analyst
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
The Actuarial team at Trupanion is looking for a pricing and reporting analyst to be responsible for completing a wide range of reports, both recurring and ad-hoc, using a variety of data sources. The ideal candidate is analytical and technical, is a fast learner and shares our passion for data and pets.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work in coordination with the Group Benefits team to provide support, analysis and reports as needed
- Gather and summarize data from a variety of data sources
- Validate report results and insure data integrity
- Maintain and/or improve monthly and quarterly reporting processes and procedures such as experience reports and invoicing
- Run premium quotes and renewal reports
- Complete monthly rate audits
- Manage and track rate filings submissions and objections
- Complete DOI report requests
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of related experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- SQL experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and data presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Flexibility and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility to work independently and in a team environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about