Senior Software Engineer
Key Responsibilities Include:
The software engineer is responsible and accountable for the design and quality of solutions developed at Trupanion. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures, leading and mentoring software engineers, as well as management of teams involved in solution development.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or appropriate work experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures required
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience developing .NET solutions required
- Experience with software and infrastructure change management, release management, and source code configuration control required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analyst, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of what it means to design using S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Expert software development skills in .NET and C# (3.5 or newer)
- Familiarity with Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (TFS, Octopus, etc.)
- Ability to lead a team of software developers (if needed)
- High level of understanding in at least a few of the following:
- Designing RESTful Web Services-based API
- Microsoft SQL Server and ORMs (Entity Framework 6)
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
- Microsoft WPF using MVVM pattern
- Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
- Enterprise Service Bus concept
- IOC Containers (Castle Windsor or StructureMap or Ninject or Autofac or Unity, etc.)
- Queuing technology, Rhino Queues or SQL Service Broker
- Unit testing. Familiarity with a mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- Familiarity with SOLR or ElasticSearch
- Quarterly bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
Paid time off and paid vacation time
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Trupanion is the industry-leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs, offering policies in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Trupanion’s mission is to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care. A career at Trupanion means you share our passion to help pets and want to be a part of an organization that makes a difference.
The Trupanion policy is underwritten by the American Pet Insurance Company (USA) and Omega General Insurance Company (Canada), which has earned a Financial Stability Rating of A, Exceptional, from Demotech, Inc. Trupanion is a founding member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA), demonstrating a commitment to high standards and transparency in all actions and products.
Pet owners in the United States will spend almost $16 billion annually on veterinary care in 2016, yet only approximately 1% of North American pets are insured, compared to 42% in the U.K. and as many as 70% in Sweden. Trupanion is a trusted industry leader in medical insurance for cats and dogs and creating a shift in the U.S. and Canadian markets, having helped thousands of pet owners build predictability into their pet medical cost budgets. If you are looking for passion, energy, and a sense of belonging in a cause-driven business where hard work is the mantra, this may be the right opportunity for you.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.