Veterinary Sales Associate
Trupanion Pet Health Insurance Representative
- Can you make friends rapidly?
- Do you enjoy working hard and being paid for your efforts?
- Do you love animals?
- Are you able to work independently?
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet-passionate individual with a minimum of 3 years experience in a veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Regina area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff about the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into the hospital workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced veterinary technician or a practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our profession. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a part-time commitment, with the opportunity to scale to a full-time position in the future. In this role, you will earn a monthly guaranteed minimum with additional income generated from commissions based on productivity with the earning potential increasing year over year.
In the future, this position will be required to successfully obtain a Property and Casualty license in the province of Saskatchewan. The licensing process involves a provincial background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. When that becomes a requirement, the business owner will provide additional information.
This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be adequately vaccinated.
- Thorough understanding of the veterinary profession (minimum of 3 years of veterinary clinic experience preferred or 3 years of consulting sales experience if previous employment was outside of the veterinary profession)
- Passion for helping increase accessibility to the best care by eliminating the financial barrier
- Must have a personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinary practices throughout the market
- Be confident, passionate, and resilient, always returning to our core mission to help pet owners budget for the unexpected
- Must be able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must poses an innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Must be an outstanding communicator, poses excellent listening skills, and be able to maintain a professional appearance
- Sales & Marketing background is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word) is a must
- Must live in the Regina, Lumsden, or Moose Jaw area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals part-time including some administrative work from a home office
- Must possess a valid and clean driver’s license record and a reliable car
- This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be adequately vaccinated
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive) is mandatory
- Occasional weekend availability for veterinary conferences is required
- Equivalent to 20-25$ per hour with increases based on performance
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about