Veterinary Sales Associate - Northern Florida
Trupanion Veterinary Sales Associate
Are you passionate about dogs and cats? Are you looking to start a career in the Animal Care industry?
We are looking for someone special to assist in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary practices in the Northern Florida market. A big part of what we do is educating veterinary staff about medical insurance for pets and how promoting pet health insurance benefits pets, pet owners and the hospitals they visit. Do you want a flexible schedule? Are you a go-getter with a positive attitude? Do you have reliable transportation?
This position offers competitive compensation, salary, plus bonus. You will be trained, coached and mentored into someone who will manage the territory.
This is a part time position with flexibility to work 1-3 days a week.
We are looking for an associate to travel and work in one of the following areas:
Jacksonville, Gainesville, Daytona, or Tallahassee.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Set up meetings for in depth discussions and training opportunity.
- Providing education to veterinary clinics and hospitals about the critical importance of medical insurance for pets and about Trupanion’s superior value
- Building on and maintaining good relations with practices by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Assisting and guiding veterinary practices in their effort to leverage the Trupanion product for the maximum benefit of their practice, patients and clients
- Utilizing the vast array of tools to engage hospitals to partner with Trupanion
- Become knowledgeable about daily operations and best practices at veterinary clinics and hospitals
Experience working in an animal hospital or outside sales is a plus, but not required.
- Be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Possess strong entrepreneurial drive, including an attitude of persistence and patience
- Be comfortable with high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success
- Possess the ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Be a team player but also work independently
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Have good organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Possess a good driving record and reliable transportation with evidence of insurance required
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting:We trust one another with information
- Sincere:We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted:We love pets.
- Original:We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine:We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple:Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about