Regional Director (Northeast U.S.)
Title: Regional Director (Northeast U.S.)
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion, the market-leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs, is seeking a Regional Director to join the team. The position of Regional Director requires approximately 80% travel throughout Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. An ideal candidate should reside in the Central U.S. near a major airport hub.
Our Regional Directors (RDs) are responsible for Trupanion’s field sales organization within their region.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coach, develop and support a team of 9-13 sales representatives tasked with building and maintaining relationships with veterinary practices.
- Conduct regular field rides with team members in the areas above mentioned.
- Add value to selling skills, presentation skills, and territory management.
- Assist in development of key partnerships and accounts
- Grow regional portion of veterinary referred business
- Manage regional expense budgets
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BA or BS degree
- 8+ years of animal health sales
- 2+ years in animal health sales management and/or training
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Strengths should include team-building, coaching skills, communication, and customer development. Our Regional Directors are pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about