Veterinary Sales Associate - San Francisco, CA
TRUPANION SALES ASSOCIATE
Are you a Practice Manager, Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician or Customer Service Rep that wants to get out of day-to-day practice but still wants to make a difference in the lives of pets?
As a Trupanion Associate, your effort will help protect the bond between people and their pets, and help secure the brightest possible future for the field of veterinary medicine. Trupanion’s superior Medical Insurance for pets can ensure that dogs and cats get the best possible care when sick or injured, and help eliminate economic euthanasia.
We are looking for someone special to assist in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary practices from San Francisco south to San Mateo and also in parts of the east bay… (Concord, Walnut Creek, Martinez area). A big part of what we do is educating veterinary staff about medical insurance for pets and how promoting pet health insurance benefits pets, pet owners and the hospitals they visit. Do you want a flexible schedule? Are you a go-getter with a positive attitude? Do you have reliable transportation?
This outside field position requires visiting veterinary hospitals in the areas mentioned above, building relationships and educating veterinary staff. We provide training and support to ensure our shared success. This is an entrepreneurial long term, growth position, with a small salary and residual income commission that will build over time… with the future possibility of territory ownership. The hours are flexible but full time. Retaining a vet hospital shift or two might be possible.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing education to veterinary clinics and hospitals about the critical importance of medical insurance for pets and about Trupanion’s superior value proposition
- Building on and maintaining good relations with practices by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Assisting and guiding veterinary practices in their effort to leverage the Trupanion product for the maximum benefit of their practice, patients and clients
- Utilizing the vast array of tools to engage hospitals to partner with Trupanion
- Become knowledgeable about daily operations and best practices at veterinary clinics and hospitals
- Possess strong entrepreneurial drive, including an attitude of persistence and patience
- Be comfortable with 40 hours/week commitment and high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success
- Possess the ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Willing to be on the road visiting veterinary hospitals at least 3 days per week
- Possess strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Be open to training one-on-one or in a group setting, not afraid to ask questions, and learn things quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Possess a good driving record and reliable transportation with evidence of insurance required
- Sales and marketing experience a plus
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about