Field Support Coordinator
Title: Partner Support Coordinator
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion is looking for someone who has a passion for serving clients, is a team player, takes pride in excellence, and wants to be an outstanding part of our success! As a member of the Partner Support team, you will work closely with our Territory Partners (Trupanion’s Field Sales Representatives) and hospitals across the United States and Canada to support and strengthen the relationship we have within the veterinary community. This job will be based out of the Seattle Office and is not remote eligible.
This is a phone-heavy role and the right candidate must be comfortable handling 30-40 phone calls a day.
Everyone in this role is eligible for an uncapped monthly compensation model based on individual and team metrics on top of a base hourly rate starting at $18.25/hour.
Please submit a cover letter along with your application. Those who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide an elite level of support to our partners - veterinary hospitals and Territory Partners
- Prioritize and manage inbound phone, email, fax, and follow-up activity queues
- Research and resolve complicated Territory Partner and Hospital concerns including questions on policy coverage and claims
- Assist Territory Partners with reporting
- Initiate time sensitive pre-approvals for Trupanion Members and hospitals
- Liaise with internal departments to assist our partners and Members
- Provide level 1 technical support for hospitals utilizing the Trupanion Express application
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Experience: 1+ years’ experience in Customer Service. Veterinary hospital experience is a plus!
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide excellent support and solutions to our partners, while explaining the benefit of our product
- Communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written forms
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Tech-savvy, able to navigate multiple systems in a timely manner, and a fast learner with new software
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about