Bilingual Customer Service Representative - French
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Customer Service Representative Role
As a Customer Service Representative, your role is the heart and soul of the Trupanion family, and you love helping as many people and pets as possible. You provide support to customers who contact us about their pet’s medical insurance over the phone and through email. You’re a great listener and an out of the box thinker who communicates effectively over the phone and in writing. You’re comfortable navigating escalated customers and sensitive conversations with a focus on providing the best experience. You are empathetic and emotionally resilient.
(Please submit a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum of 1 year in a service-oriented role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Customer Centric: focused on providing a positive customer experience
- Critical thinking/ think outside the box: the ability to assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understands.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships with empathy.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Fluency in Spanish or Quebec French
- Experience working in a Veterinary Clinic
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited monthly bonus – (which rewards the quality for your work as well as how much work you do)
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Flexible Work Locations:
While we love seeing everyone in the office supporting each other, we know some people prefer to work from home. Once you have been through the training program and achieve the right level of performance, this position is open to working remotely from home after about 6 months in the office.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.