Veterinary Sales Associate
VETERINARY SALES ASSOCIATE – Queens & Brooklyn
Why Join Us
Every day, we work side by side with Veterinary Hospitals, and witness the barriers to providing quality medical care. We believe one of the best ways to prevent compassion fatigue is finding satisfaction in your career. At Trupanion, we are the industry leader in medical insurance for dogs and cats. Our mission is simple. To help the pets we all know, and love receive the best veterinary care. We are searching for a dedicated Animal Health Professional that has the passion to help better their local community. Come join a team of misfits who want to leave the veterinary industry better than they found it.
We want an individual who envisions a better way to practice medicine and can influence that change. As a Territory Partner Associate, it is your responsibility to educate veterinarians, practice managers, and office staff within your local veterinary community. Showing them how having clients insured by Trupanion will not only benefit the companion animals they serve but provide the best tool for removing the financial barriers to care.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert on operational workflows within a clinical practice and can provide best practice solutions to integrate Trupanion and our patented software into a clinic’s daily protocols. You must have natural leadership abilities who passionately believes in our mission. This is a position that offers a true work-life balance. Our team members are empowered to successfully manage their marketplaces and we trust them to work independently.
This role is currently a full-time position, which would require a 4-Day work commitment. The position is salaried with monthly performance bonuses.
The Expertise We Desire
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- We prefer an individual with 3+ years veterinary hospital experience
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work autonomously and with their team in a face paced environment
- Inherent ability to effect change, a natural leader
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and timeframes
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must live in Queens or Kings County area
- Must be comfortable with daily travel and public transportation
The Skills We Provide
- Must acquire and maintain your Property & Casualty Insurance License
- 1-Week comprehensive virtual training at Tru-University
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about