Veterinary Sales Associate - Long Island
Are you a Practice Manager, Vet Tech or Customer Service Rep that wants to get out of day-to-day practice but still wants to make a difference in the lives of pets?
We are looking for someone special to assist in building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with veterinary practices in Long Island. A big part of what we do is educating veterinary staff about medical insurance for pets and how promoting pet health insurance benefits pets, pet owners and the hospitals they visit. Do you want a flexible schedule and no weekends? Are you a go-getter with a positive attitude? Do you have reliable transportation?
Position requires visiting veterinary hospitals in Nassau/Suffolk, building relationships and educating veterinary staff. We provide training and support to ensure our shared success. This position is 40 hours per week. Salary plus bonus.
A Field Sales Associate MUST:
• Understand the Veterinary Industry (2 years’ experience REQUIRED).
• Be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured.
• Have a passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
• Be able to establish and maintain good relations with practices by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
• Possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, including an attitude of persistence and patience.
• Be comfortable with a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success.
• Possess the ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
• Be comfortable and willing to be on the road visiting practices 4-5 days per week
• Be a TEAM player but also work independently
• Be open to training, not be afraid to ask questions, and learn things quickly.
• Possess great communication and listening skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Possess a valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable transportation
Sales and Marketing Experience a plus
YOUR RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN VETERINARY HOSPITALS.
- Veterinary Industry: 2 years