Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Customer Care / Customer Service Specialist Role
As a Customer Care Specialist, your role is the heart and soul of the Trupanion family, and you appreciate working towards the goal of helping as many people and pets as possible. You provide support to customers who contact us about their pet’s medical insurance. You’re a great listener and an out of the box thinker who communicates effectively over the phone. You’re comfortable navigating escalated customers and sensitive conversations with a focus on providing the best experience. You are empathetic and emotionally resilient.
(Please submit a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service position
- Must love pets!
- Critical thinking/ think outside the box: ability to assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations.
- Problem Solving: Clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem and then implement it.
- Customer service experience: experience providing excellent service in a customer facing position.
- Positive attitude: maintain an overall positive outlook while handling difficult situations.
- Self-Motivated: internally inspired to do a good job and provide the best service.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understand.
- Calm under pressure: remain calm and poised under pressure while focusing on what’s best for the customer.
- Organizations skills: able to prioritize their work and understand when it is appropriate to give certain tasks priority over others.
- Coachable: someone who is self-aware, can recognize areas of opportunity, and receive feedback to improve their skill set.
- Time Management: You are able to plan your time effectively, re-prioritizing if needed, while remaining efficient and productive.
- Communication Skills: able to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing.
- Tech Savvy: You are able to navigate multiple systems in a timely manner and you are a fast learner with new software.
- Ability to multitask: remain engaged and thorough in your work while actively handling two or more tasks.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships empathetically.
- Customer Centric: focused on providing a positive customer experience.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post interaction.
Benefits and Perks
Along with your hourly pay, we also have amazing benefits! They include:
- Unlimited monthly bonus – (which rewards the quality for your work as well as how much work you do)
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to you
- 4 weeks PTO
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted stock
- Free pet health insurance for one pet
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
- Open, casual, pet-friendly office
- Free dog walking services for “approved office pets” during business hours
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.