Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Needed at Trupanion!
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Candidates for this position will be responsible for reviewing information gathered from medical records, claim forms and related invoices, making claim outcome (eligible/ineligible) decisions, and communicating those outcomes to customers via email and phone. In addition, candidates will provide an exceptional member experience to existing customers and veterinary clinics related to the claims they review.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Review medical records to make eligible/ineligible decisions against received invoice(s) as aligned with the Trupanion policy
- Enter data from medical records to database
- Contact members regarding claim assessment and status (phone/email) as applicable
- Respond to calls/emails from veterinary clinics/members/Trupanion employees/Territory Partners
- Achieve and maintain:
- Quality Assurance (accuracy) scoring of 97.0% or above at all times
- Productivity of average claims completed per day (after 90 day training period) of 26/day or ~ 600/month or greater at all times
- Service Level (ability to provide an expeditious and delightful member experience defined as at least 80% of claims are processed within 7 days of receipt).
- In process claims follow-up should not be greater than 5 days
- Complete pre-approval and Vet Direct Pay (VDP) claims within 72 hours (if all necessary data attached)
- Process Trupanion Express™ claims within target service level goals (80% VDP claims within 5 minutes, 80% Owner Pay (PTO) claims within 24 hours)
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
The ideal candidate will have an extensive understanding of veterinary medical terminology and medical conditions; Minimum three years working in a clinic environment; Strong preference given to candidates with five or more years in a clinic environment and/or licensed technician credentials; Excellent typing and 10-key skills; One or more years of experience providing customer service over the phone; Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and PC
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Enjoys a challenge; possesses strong problem solving skills; ability to keep pace with weekly changes of processes or protocol with immediate implementation; efficiency multitasking at high speed while maintaining excellent attention to detail and accuracy; available to work weekends and adjust schedule based on department needs; Independent and self-motivated work ethic; Fluency in Spanish and/or French greatly desired (extra compensation offered).
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about