Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The HRIS Manager is part of the Benefits & People Data team within the People Operations department. This position will report to the Director of Benefits & People Data and will be a key stakeholder in our technology transformation from ADP to Workday. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Workday implementation and help guide the configurations we put in place to help us achieve our people data goals by translating the priorities of leaders, integrating the People Operations value proposition, and creating strategies to meet the needs of the business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Serve as the primary resource in relation to Workday set up and maintenance, including efforts as it relates to implementation and training. Responsible for all Workday system administration, including: permissions, access, customization, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Identify risks or opportunities and recommend changes to processes that improve the delivery of People Operations services to the organization.
- Develop project plans and monitor progress on HRIS initiatives.
- Compile and create ad-hoc data reports and summaries requested by leaders.
- Manage, coach, and mentor members of the Trupanion People Data team.
- Ensure compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Partner with other departments to ensure the flow of people data into other technology platforms is accurate.
- Participate in broader People Operations team initiatives to enhance the team member experience at Trupanion.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or applicable field is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an HRIS role
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Experience with Workday HRIS, as well as system transitions and implementations
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven expertise in building relationships with business leaders to better understand their needs and offer relevant solutions
- Create strong relationships with vendor partners to ensure we are providing the right solutions and customer support to our team members
- Leverage data, analytics, and feedback to create recommendations and influence change
- Able to effectively disseminate and discuss complex technical issues across a wide range of communication styles
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.