Senior Software Engineer
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider is looking for a software engineer to lead company-wide systems redesign efforts including integration with both internal and external systems. Requires experience building successfully scalable systems to support the rapid growth of the company. Our systems include claims handling applications, internal messaging platforms, CRM systems, sales websites, and applications in veterinary hospitals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The software engineer is responsible and accountable for the design and quality of solutions developed at Trupanion. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures, leading and mentoring software engineers, as well as management of teams involved in solution development.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures required
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience developing .NET solutions required
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analyst, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of what it means to design using S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Software development skills in .NET and C# (3.5 or newer)
- Familiarity with Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (TFS, Octopus, etc.)
- Ability to lead a team of software developers (if needed)
- A high level of understanding in at least a few of the following:
- Designing RESTful Web Services-based API
- Microsoft SQL Server and ORMs (Entity Framework 6)
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
- Microsoft WPF using the MVVM pattern
- Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
- Enterprise Service Bus concept
- IOC Containers (Castle Windsor or StructureMap or Ninject or Autofac or Unity, etc.)
- Queuing technology, Rhino Queues or SQL Service Broker
- Unit testing. Familiarity with mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- Familiarity with SOLR or ElasticSearch
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.