Veterinary Systems Support Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
The Veterinary Systems Support Specialist is an IT professional responsible for providing internal and external technical support for Trupanion’s veterinary facing technology. This may include troubleshooting systems, servers, networks and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to hospital user problems; directly resolving problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. The Support Specialist is the main point of contact for Trupanion support teams, working closely with the IT product team and vendor partner teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, research and resolve technical issues, including the use of remote sessions and diagnostic tools, while maintaining a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with front-end application users, IT professionals, vendor partners and internal teams in a way that is appropriate for the audience
- Assist with installations, rollouts and/or upgrades of new software
- Provide instruction, training, and guidance to internal and external customers
- Identify and resolve gaps or pain points in support processes, documentation and resources to optimize the efficiency and quality of service and support
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- 2+ years of experience in technical support
- Animal health experience preferred but not required
- Proven track record of performance in a technical support role
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong proficiency and aptitude related to technology
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with internal business partners, external vendor partners, and veterinary hospitals
- Desire and motivation for growth in knowledge and skills
- Excellent organization and documentation skills, and able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft software and systems
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Seattle, WA. No relocation package is available.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.