Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
The right candidate will join the Hospital Marketing team, the hub of Trupanion’s highly visible print marketing, responsible for communications and campaigns that seek to increase brand awareness among both pet owners and hospital staff in the veterinary space. This position will serve to support the B2B efforts of the team, with a specific focus on copywriting and content creation, and will have a direct creative hand in expansion campaigns and same store efforts across the North American veterinary communities, with specific regional focus.
This is a multifaceted role that requires the ability to multi-task, working efficiently on simultaneous projects while adhering to strict deadlines. The right person for the Hospital Marketing Specialist role will need to adapt quickly to change, possess strong writing skills, and be able to craft creative messaging and print collateral in line with brand and regulatory guidelines, while successfully increasing brand engagement in the veterinary world.
Reporting to the Director of Hospital Marketing, this is a fantastic opportunity for an up and coming marketer, striving for the next step in their career.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide copy, editorial, and project management support for creative marketing projects and materials, as well as communications such as newsletter articles, presentations, emails, and blogs.
- Support competitor intelligence needs, reviewing and reporting on various aspects of the industry, and providing general assistance to internal and external sales teams.
- Support the overall analysis of campaign success, developing surveys and reports to gather feedback, and assisting with optimizing existing communications and materials.
- Manage vendor relationships, as necessary.
- Assist in prepping collateral for distribution, and perform other general production support.
- Various other duties to support team members and flow of the department.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- At least 4 years’ experience in marketing or a related role.
- Basic understanding of the principles of marketing. Experience in print marketing and/or the veterinary industry a plus.
- Evidence of a strong sense of best practice in creative and messaging strategy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with the Adobe Suite a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly organized and responsive with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on a team with a range of creative people.
- Positive attitude and pet passionate.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about