Veterinary Sales Associate - Knoxville, TN (Vet techs needed)
Territory Partner Associate – Knoxville, TN
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum 3 years’ experience in veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a ground breaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 3 day per week commitment (Tuesday-Thursday), a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an hourly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year. This is a part-time position to start and there is potential for full-time in the future. The full-time growth would require travel within the Knoxville territory visiting veterinary hospitals.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of the 2-3 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must live in Knoxville. Due to COVID-19, the ideal candidate must be willing to work remotely for the time being and be willing to work on the road visiting hospitals 3-5 days/week in the future depending on COVID-19 safety precautions in addition to some administrative work from home office.
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- 1-week training session in Seattle - all expenses paid
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.