Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion is looking for a dynamic, energetic and highly curious Senior Accountant who will play a key role in the preparation and review of financial information for internal decision-making and external reporting. As a critical member of a rapidly growing public company, this role will serve as a primary finance contact to other departments of the organization and will work collaboratively to facilitate cross-functional coordination among teams and departments. This is a hands-on position that will assist with driving the improvement of tools, processes, and procedures to allow the company to rapidly scale.
The Senior Accountant will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, prioritize communications and requests, and organize, maintain, and streamline processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the coordination of monthly close tasks, milestones and drive overall team deadlines for timely reporting, while also facilitating communication and resolving issues during the close process
- Assist in the coordination, tracking, and completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual SOX tasks
- Review internal and external deliverables for SEC reporting, quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Perform and assist with our day to day operational accounting and monthly close process
- Prepare complex entries in accordance with US GAAP as well as provide timely and accurate review of journal entries and reconciliations
- Analyze monthly financial statements, variance analysis, and demonstrate a strong understanding of KPIs to effectively ensure proper internal and external reporting
- Prepare and review monthly internal reporting deliverables distributed to leadership for key decision-making
- Think critically and maintain an inquisitive mindset to recommend, implement, and document process improvements to promote efficiency and SOX compliance
- Provide leadership by supporting, mentoring, and coaching accounting staff and specialists
- Communicate and check-in with the team about new processes to facilitate learning
- Be a “go to” person for questions from team members for coaching and other areas
- Work on a variety of special projects
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience, monthly close in a fast paced and ever changing business environment a plus
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
- Well-developed oral and written communication ability
- Strong analytical ability and detail oriented
- Ability to creatively problem solve and passionate about process improvement
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about