Account Manager, Breeder Support Program
Title: Breeder Account Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion, North America’s fastest growing medical insurance provider for pets is looking for a proven, detail-oriented, and pet-passionate sales professional to develop and manage accounts on our Breeder Support Team. The Breeder Account Manager will manage new and existing breeder partner relationships primarily over the phone and at industry events, showing clarity in communication, strong presentation skills, with availability for 20% travel.
This position will report into to the Senior Breeder Account Manager. The ideal candidate will link the responsible breeder community to Trupanion. They will be comfortable communicating program benefits to an unfamiliar audience, either in person, over the phone or in writing, within the company and to outside organizations. They will be comfortable with a fast paced work environment, learn new initiatives and programs quickly, and work within the team to collaborate and develop innovative ways to integrate with this premier network of partners.
The candidate will receive an established book of producing accounts, and work to grow that book by increasing breeder recommendations to their buyers. They will thrive in metric driven environments, and get excited at achieving personal and team goals. This role includes some development and publishing of technical processes as we build out the foundations for this program to grow.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and grow assigned breeder partnerships
- Attend and drive new relationships at industry events across the US and Canada
- Rollout regularly changing sales initiatives to your partners
- Navigate and record daily tasks in Microsoft CRM
- Manage breeder partner social media
- Prepare and distribute regular reporting to breeders
- Technically innovate existing business processes to increase efficiency and clarity
- Navigate claim outcomes to breeder partners and buyers
- Identify concerns and escalate issues appropriately
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 or more years sales experience, preferred B:B
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Knowledge of dog and cat breeder culture and/or veterinary industry
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly organized, with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, enthusiastic when working as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics and Go-To Meeting
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- A serious passion for pets, with a strong belief in Trupanion’s mission to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about