Veterinary Sales Associate - Brooklyn & Queens (Vet techs needed)
Veterinary Sales Associate – Brooklyn & Queens
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum 3 years’ experience in veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the Brooklyn & Queens area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a ground breaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 40 hour per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role you'll earn an hourly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of the 3 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Must live between Brooklyn or Queens and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 4 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- 1 week training session in Seattle
- Completing Property & Casualty Licensing
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about