Head of California Market
Trupanion is looking for an extraordinary business leader to oversee the development of the business to business sales activities within the California region. This role will be based in Seattle and direct the heartbeat of Trupanion’s California veterinary strategy and guide resources internally to ensure an effective lead generation program across the California market region; one of the US markets’ largest pet-owning populations. The role will be pivotal in pushing this high-growth company forward; spearheading the growth of our veterinary channel, including the adoption of our groundbreaking patented software, which is normalizing direct pay across the veterinary industry.
Reporting to the VP of Veterinary Business, you will have a close alignment with field-based Territory Partners, and key internal partners such as Market Leaders, regional coaches, and lead-generating teams. In addition, you will oversee, mentor, and train a business-to-business sales team charged with increasing leads from the veterinary channel through relationship development and education.
This strategically key role is the perfect opportunity for a confident, self-motivated individual with a bias for action, leadership, and teambuilding. If you’re seeking a rewarding, challenging role where you can build things from the ground up, this could be the role for you!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Accountability for regionally aligned territory growth and partner hospital lead generation through our patented software – measured through enrollment lift
- Strategic leadership of the account management team to maximize team structure and results
- Persuasively championing team performance in order to secure resources and maximize market potential
- Providing on-the-job coaching in support of Trupanion’s values and behaviors, including mentorship and career development
- Hosting of regional information sharing sessions to accelerate regional growth and fire up the team
- Direction and oversight for internal hospital lead management
- Collaboration with marketing teams to ensure delivery of results-producing campaigns that drive leads for the business
- Development of an approach to evaluate performance through modeling, reporting, and analysis
- Creating an inspiring and challenging environment to encourage your team to grow and achieve business results
- Developing a clear succession plan and working to support your team members in achieving their individual goals to ensure team fulfillment
- 10+ years of strategic leadership experience
- Experience working with many different business partners
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Experience leading and mentoring cross-functional teams
- Experience with budget management
- Animal health background preferred
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.