Assistant Team Manager, Claims Adjudication - Veterinary experience required!
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop, and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Candidates for this position will be responsible for the analysis of quality reviews (claims and calls), claims contributions, overall performance, and continued development plans for team members of all levels. This position will also be tasked with reviewing claim questions, sensitive situations, exceptions, and claim authorizations as well as providing assistance to team members as applicable. The ideal candidate will place emphasis on Trupanion’s values and behavioral characteristics, helping team members to live our culture every day. In addition to supporting high volume (Fast Track Claims) and medically complex (Claims Specialists) team members striving to provide a delightful member experience, Assistant Team Managers are expected to contribute to the following:
- Projects which assist the department/company in growth through efficiency increase and supporting Trupanion’s goals.
- Claims processing as the need arises based on seasonality and incoming volume of work.
- Cross-collaboration with other departments and peers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Claims contributions/service level (daily/weekly/monthly based on needs and preference)
- Quality review (claims and phone calls, as metrics become available or on an ad hoc basis)
- Performance reviews and strategy development with team members
- Review and investigation of higher sensitivity policies from both internal and external sources
- Ensure senior team members are supported and performing to expectations, ongoing development
- Participation in hiring/interviews/onboarding of team members, separation as needed
- On-call when needed for overnight/weekend/holiday for critical claim coverage to support team members who support our members outside of traditional working hours
- Flexibility in schedule to meet team members’ needs across all teams
- Project management, including problem/solution identification, resource gathering/allocation, data collection for impact analysis (not specific to direct team roles), timeline development, the achievement of benchmarks, change management, results measurement, others as needed
Decision Making Authority:
Candidates will be responsible for making leadership authorizations on claimed conditions, approvals of timecards, and calculation and reporting of bonuses, as well as other responsibilities as required to help foster positive business relationships and team member fulfillment.
Leadership of Others:
- Confidence building through coaching and review of claims scenarios with team members
- One to one meetings at regular intervals (both scheduling and hosting) with all team members
- Schedule adherence, approval/denial of items in the payroll system, payroll approval, and review of department impact of PTO to ensure adequate coverage for all claim scenarios and volumes
- Ensuring team members are fully present and bringing their very best to Trupanion each day
- Working together to increase satisfaction and fulfillment in life experiences, both personal and professional
- Discussing future career endeavors, both within and outside of Trupanion, based on strengths, passion, and interest
- Scheduling and facilitation of training across the department
Please include a cover letter, applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Education, Registration & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with five or more years in a clinic environment and/or licensed technician credentials
- Minimum of three years working in a veterinary clinic environment
- Minimum of one year of experience providing customer service over the phone
- Past or current mentorship/leadership experience or ability to demonstrate long-term successful coaching though not in a formal leadership role
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with supporting a team of six or more
- Strong passion for inspiring, coaching and supporting a team through continuous change
- Exceptional understanding of veterinary medical terminology and medical conditions
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and PC
- Collaborative, open-minded, curious, genuine
- Highly adaptable work ethic
- Effective communicator and listener
- Must be meeting expectations in current role for minimum 3 months prior to posting going live
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility, and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.