Veterinary Account Manager
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion is looking for a motivated sales professional to join the Inside Sales Team. The right candidate will play a fundamental role in driving growth and engagement within Trupanion partnered veterinary hospitals. This job will require minimal travel and will be based out of the Seattle office.
This is a phone-heavy role and the right candidate must be comfortable making and taking 20-30 phone calls a day. The role will be working with veterinary hospitals to generate interest in Trupanion and explain why medical insurance for dogs and cats is incredibly valuable. This role also partners heavily with our Territory Partners (Trupanion’s Field Sales Representatives) to collaborate on the management of partner hospital accounts. Success in this role is based on individual performance in lifting enrollments (same store sales) at assigned accounts.
Everyone in this role is eligible for a lucrative uncapped monthly compensation model based on individual sales metrics and a base salary of $40,000/year. Account managers can expect to earn an average compensation of $50,000-$60,000 annually, while top performers can earn over $70,000.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate with key players in veterinary hospitals on a regular cadence to explain the benefits of an insured client base, discuss individual hospital performance, and address any challenges or successes at the hospital level
- Liaise with Trupanion Territory Partners to communicate about assigned accounts
- Generate and lift enrollments within Trupanion Partner hospitals
- Close and achieve monthly and quarterly goals
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- Required experience explaining Trupanion and discussing the value to external clients, primarily veterinary hospitals
- Experience working with veterinary hospitals preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, to include fluency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with preferred exposure to Dynamics CRM
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Motivated by lucrative compensation model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to communicate to potential and current partner hospitals the metrics of their performance
- Strong phone presence
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about